SVAWR 001: White Water Rafting Day Trip
White water rafting is now one of the most popular water sports in Kenya. Other water sports available on request include bungee jumping. As a way of selling Kenya as a tourism sport destination, we also offer other sport activities. Contact Skyview of Africa Tours and Safaris for golfing safaris and annual Rhino charge expedition.
All water rafting participants converge daily at 00800hrs from Norfolk Hotel or Sarit Centre Westlands for an hours and half drive to the rafting camp base at Tana river. The clients are offered tea or coffee with biscuits when they arrive. After the refreshments the clients are given a safety briefing then they are transported up the river. They are provided with life jackets, helmets and a paddle.
Once in gear, the expedition takes 4 – 5 hours down the river depending on the water levels.
Other activities highlights at the idyllic camp site include fishing, boat riding, swimming and camping for persons intending for overnight stay. Lunch is served at the camp.
You are back in Nairobi by 1800hrs.
General Rafting Information & Equipment
1. All boats are manufactured by Avon of the UK with a crew capacity of six people.
2. Life jackets and helmets are supplied.
3. Load boat carries a comprehensive first aid and medicated kit.
4. Guides carry knives; throw bag, binas and pulley.
5. Boats are paddled by participants themselves hence your participation is preferred.
6. A guide in each boat just gives commands and steers the boat.
7. Participants have the opportunity to bring cameras or videos in the waterproof boxes or rent the waterproof cameras at the base prior.
Age Suitability and Fitness
Above 14 years with parental consent. Upper age limits depends on individual fitness and health. No previous experience is required at Sagana River.
1. Shorts (swimming Costumes).
2. Shirts (long sleeved) pants for those with sensitive skins.
3. A wider brimmed hat.
4. A pair of fasten-able shoes.
5. Sun Screen of factor 25 or more.
6. Personal toiletries and Malaria Prophylactics as applicable.
2. Gloves and socks (sunburn).
3. Alight weight nylon rain jackets worn under your life jacket for cold weather or if it does rain while you are in the river.
4. Spare warm clothes to change at the end of the trip because what you wear while on the boat will get wet.
Minimum Rates Per Person Euros 75